I really only have crops of old unfinished pieces to show for at the moment
but this may or may not be a print sometime in the future
i remember one time the simpsons made a joke about fox news and they got so insulted they tried to sue them but the court was like “this aired on ur network u can’t sue urself”
This happened to me when I was in Japan and it’s something I’ll never forget.
Kuroshitsuji / CHP. 97 / Sieglinde’s New World
VEGAN JAPANESE YUBA MAKI (source)
- Several sheets of yuba
- A small clump of cooked noodles (rice, soba, something thin)
- 1 julienned carrot
- Spring onion, cut lengthways into 2 inch strips
- Miso paste (light and dark)
- Pickled ginger, slivered
- Peanut oil to deep fry
- First prepare all of your filling ingredients. Julienne your vegetables and make sure your noodles are cooked. Keep the ingredients together on a plate or cutting board so you can easily put the rolls together.
- Heat the oil to a medium-hot temperature. A wok with a tempura rack is an ideal vessel. Don’t heat the oil so hot as to let it smoke. If it begins to smoke, turn it down a notch.
- You can make the rolls in multiple ways, either with triangular, circular, square, or rectangular sheets of yuba. Google up how to roll a spring roll for methods (yes, I’m lazy, and there are so many tutorials already).
- Spead a small amount of miso on the roll before adding a small handful (enough to cover just the palm of your hand) of vegetables, and roll ‘em up.
- Using one (or a few- they stick) strands of noodle, carefully wrap around the maki. This doesn’t have to be perfect, and if you can’t knot it then that’s okay too. Once you plop them in the oil, everything will bind.
- Deep fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just brown and crispy. Drain on a tempura rack or on paper towels and serve hot with soy sauce or your favourite Japanese style condiment.
As an experiment, I used two different types of bean curd skin: fresh and dried. Both were delicious, but my suggestion is not to use the frozen variety unless you plan on serving these straight away. Both varieties are best if served immediately after coming out of the the oil, but those using the fresh skin re-heat better in the oven later (they tend remain very crisp without burning). Just for reference, the image at the beginning of the post uses the fresh and the image below uses the frozen variety.
This is less of a recipe than a suggestion. Only you know your favourite vegetables, so go crazy with your favourites. My choice was simple, and I recommend retaining that simplicity, with spring onions, carrots, and ginger as the base flavour. I also added some miso paste for more depth.
Click and choose your own adventure!
JUST CLICK ON SLYTHERIN
JUST DO IT
CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS THEN CLICK THE NUMBER 5 BENEATH THE COMIC
THEY’RE ALL PERFECT
Kuroshitsuji | CHP. 75 | Young - Vincent Phantomhive
Just look at the world around you, Right here on the ocean floor, Such wonderful things around you, What more is you lookin’ for?